Hello lovelies, welcome back to another Makeup Monday! Today I wanted to talk about a trend that has integrated itself into the last couple seasons, and that is the color blue. It’s been a go-to color since last year and I feel like it’s still going strong now. In today’s post, I wanted to share some photo inspiration of how you can incorporate a fun blue into your makeup looks and my recommendations on what you can add to your makeup routine to change things up a little.
Elie Saab, Holly Fulton, and J. JS Lee (left to right) all used blue eyeshadow/liner in the Spring/Summer ’15 shows on their models.
Now that you’ve seen some photo inspiration, here are a few quick tips on how to make this trend a part of your makeup routine to get rid of the Monday blues or when you feel like adding a little color to your eye makeup.
1. If you’re feeling bold enough, you can recreate the looks above, but if you prefer a less bold version, try starting with navy blue shadows and liners. That way, you can still get a similar effect of adding color onto your eyes without feeling uncomfortable with wandering away from your normal brown or black liner.
2. When you want to step it up, try using a blue shadow to line your upper lid above your black or brown liner just to add a peek of color without having it stand alone.
3. If you want the blue to stand out even more, line your lower waterline with it.
4. Spraying water onto an eyeshadow brush or liner brush can make a color more pigmented; do this if you want your blue shadow to be even more intense.
5. Most importantly, don’t forget to have fun with it! Blue is something that flatters most eye colors so don’t be afraid to try it. Start off small and minimal and when you feel comfortable with it, you can try out looks like the ones in the photos shown above. Remember, makeup is supposed to be fun, so do what you feel comfortable and happy with.
I hope you all enjoyed this post and that it was helpful in some way. I’ll definitely be trying out this look sometime during the summer and I hope you do too. Thank you so much for reading and I’ll see you lovelies tomorrow!
P.S: All photos used were sourced from Google.