Hello lovelies, welcome back to another Makeup Monday! Today I wanted to talk about a trend that has integrated itself into the last couple seasons, and that is the color blue. It’s been a go-to color since last year and I feel like it’s still going strong now.
Now that you’ve seen some photo inspiration, here are a few quick tips on how to make this trend a part of your makeup routine to get rid of the Monday blues or when you feel like adding a little color to your eyes.
1. If you’re feeling confident enough, you can recreate the looks above, but if you prefer a less bold version, try starting with navy blue shadows and liners. That way, you can still get a subtle effect of color in your eye makeup without straying too far from your normal brown or black liner.
2. When you want to step it up, try using a blue shadow to line your upper lid above your black or brown liner to add a peek of color without having it stand alone.
3. If you want the blue to stand out even more, line your lower waterline with a blue liner or shadow.
4. Wetting an eyeshadow or liner brush can make a color more pigmented; do this if you want your blue shadow to be even more intense.
5. Most importantly, don’t forget to have fun with it! Blue is something that flatters most eye colors so don’t be afraid to try it out. Start off with small steps and when you start feeling comfortable, you can try out looks like the ones in the photos shown above. Remember, makeup is supposed to be fun, so do what you feel comfortable and happy with.
I hope you all enjoyed this post and that it was helpful in some way. I’ll definitely be trying out this look sometime during the summer and I hope you do too. Thank you so much for reading and I’ll see you lovelies tomorrow!
P.S: All photos used were sourced from Google.